Our site is optimized for today's modern browsers. To fully benefit from our site's features, please download the latest version of either:
Home - NEQ 2021 Update
NEQ 2021 Update
Dear Club Representatives,
Since our last update a few weeks ago, Philadelphia has not loosened restrictions on large events yet. So, while we are definitely holding the NEQ, we just don't know if we can take all, most or just some of the teams We know that you all are anxious to know whether your teams will be accepted into the event.
Beginning next week, we will begin accepting teams in certain divisions, if they have complied with the requirements for acceptance (entry fee paid and hotels booked). We may not be able to accept all teams in these divisions, but we plan to accept as many as possible and add more as space becomes available.
We believe that, in the next week to 10 days, we will have another update regarding acceptance of more teams. If we are unable to fit all divisions into the dates we've posted, we are working with the Pennsylvania Convention Center about alternative dates for those divisions.
We wish we could provide more information at this time, but as we've said and hopefully everyone realizes, it's a fluid situation that we're all trying to adjust to and make the best-possible decision for as many of our teams that we can.
Thanks you for your continued patience, understanding and support.
January 2021 Update
Dear NEQ Team Reps,
As we enter 2021 and the meat of the club volleyball season, we want to take this opportunity to update you on the status of the 2021 Northeast Qualifier in Philadelphia.
We've been in constant contact with representatives of the City of Philadelphia and the Convention Center. the upcoming week(s) we're hoping that restrictions will begin lessening. Of course, as with most everywhere, that process is ongoing and changing.
At this time, we project the following:
* COMPETITION DATES: At this time, we are holding to the scheduled dates for all divisions.
* TEAM ACCEPTANCE: Of course, we hope to accept all teams entered. Depending upon facility restrictions, this may not be possible. Per the
agreement, teams that accepted the entry credit from the 2020 NEQ have guaranteed acceptance and have been listed in AES accordingly. We are working on the plan for future acceptance, and hope to begin accepting more teams before the end of January.
* MASKS: Masks will be required of ALL PERSONS, including players, coaches, officials and spectators at ALL TIMES while in the Convention Center. This includes while on the court. No Exceptions.
* TEMPERATURE CHECKS: Temperature checks will be performed on each person before they are allowed access to the Center.
* SPECTATORS: We are hoping to allow at least 10 spectators per team. Of course, this will be subject to facility limitations at the time of the event. We are working with the Center regarding spectator areas and how those will be managed and maintained.
* STREAMING: All matches on all courts will be streamed by "Be the Beast". Subscription rates apply.
* FORMAT: We are working in conjunction with the staff of other major volleyball events on a playing format/schedule that will allow for the most participating teams while still limiting the number of persons in the Center at one time.
* OFFICIALS: Referees will be required to wear a mask at all times and use a hand-held whistle.
* HOTELS: The cancelation deadline for all hotels is 7 days prior to check in. In the case your hotel requires a deposit, it will be billed to the card on file 3 weeks prior to arrival and will be fully refundable until 7 days prior to arrival. If cancellation occurs less than 7 days prior to arrival, you will be charged one nights room and tax as a penalty. If you have any questions regarding hotels, please contact EM2 Housing at 800-603-0917 or email us at email@example.com.
Again, we want to stress that all of this is quite fluid. We hope to have periodic update emails for all of you with the next one coming before the
end of the month.
Thank you for your understanding, patience and support.